Another NaNoWriMo Round-Up!

Photo credit: horrigans on Flickr
It’s October, and I, for one, could not be happier. September was a jerk to me, but October is looking much more promising. And! It’s now officially time for NaNoPrepMo and time for me to tell you guys all about the awesomeness that is NaNoWriMo and encourage you to participate if you’re on the fence about it.

As I said in last year’s NaNoWriMo Round-Up (of which this is a tweaked re-post), I’ve talked about NaNoWriMo a lot. But! Not all of you have been around for previous NaNoWriMo talks and even those of you who have haven’t seen me talk about NaNoWriMo in a while. So! NaNo round-up. Here we go.

For those who haven’t decided on whether or not they want to NaNo, I have a post for you. And if you don’t click, but you’re on the fence, I’ll say that I’ve participated twice and totally loved it. Granted, I'm a fast-drafter, and NaNoWriMo really works best for those open to fast-drafting (which is not everyone, and that's okay!), but it’s been super super effective for me in the past. 

As I said last year, I’ve written three manuscripts (or a good chunk of it at least) in NaNo-like settings (two November NaNoWriMos and one Camp NaNo), and the community, and excitement, and pretty graphs all are very much tempting me to join in this year, as I’m anticipating being done with revision stuff by then…hopefully. I’ll be spending this month preparing a potential NaNo WIP if it looks like I’ll have the writing space in my brain. Fingers crossed!

Because it’s October and NaNoPrepMo, you will very possibly find this post on Pre-NaNoWriMo Tips helpful! Because prepping for NaNo, I’ve found, makes the whole NaNoing experience much easier.

To contrast two very different NaNo experiences, the first time I NaNoed, I made NaNoWriMo super difficult for myself by abandoning my first NaNo project on day fourteen and scrapping 24,000 words to start something new. (Yes, really.) Then two years ago I went a little type-crazy and finished in nine days. Still not totally sure how that happened, but I’m glad it did because it’s one of the projects I’ll soon be done revising. :D

I’ve also shared ten foolproof secrets to winning NaNoWriMo (which are actually not the least bit foolproof and please don’t do those things, thanks).

Last year I didn’t NaNo, but I did record a six-vlog, week-by-week vlog series (including before and after) specifically for surviving NaNoWriMo. You might find it helpful to watch early.

And finally, here's a compilation of helpful NaNoWriMo links that I shared on the first day of NaNoWriMo two years ago but I’ll give to you early! Because you’re welcome.

If you have any helpful links for future NaNo-ers, share them below! And also, will you be participating in NaNoWriMo this year? 

Twitter-sized bite:
Thinking about doing NaNoWriMo this time around? @Ava_Jae shares helpful links for all of your NaNoing needs. (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...